Sunday, June 14, 2009
Kingdom Camp
In June we tried a week of Soccer Camp for Taylor through the Kalamazoo Kingdom. The first day started off as a huge success, but each day after was a little bit harder and more dramatic for Miss Tay. She did a lot of crying about not wanting to be away from me.. (even though I was their for the entire camp), a lot of drama about how she didn't want to play soccer (even though she would come home and say she loved it), and a lot of coming off the field in tears. None of this is new, it's really more par for the course with Taylor. She freaks out with new situations, new friends and doesn't like change of any sort. So, I did want any good Mom would do and told her she was not allowed to come off the field to come see me. About mid way through the last day, I noticed she was crying to one of her teachers, and holding her hand. Afterwards, I asked her what had happened.. was she hurt? She said no, I was just crying and telling her how you wouldn't let me come off the field. Well, at least she knows Mommy is serious! Ha. So, here's to hoping AYSO goes a little bit better this fall! :)
Posing before the first day. Her idea, not mine. I have no idea where the stance came from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what a cute little soccer player!
aww poor tay...so dramatic at times. well, at least in her "memory" she'll have had fun!
Post a Comment