Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blizzard of 2011

So.. I thought I should post this one for the books. We had an official “blizzard” this winter. This “blizzard” brought a little bit over a foot of snow to Kalamazoo. From the way the media was hyping this blizzard up you would have thought we were going to be snowed in for a month. :) Personally, I was hoping we would get it but doubtful the entire time. It seems like every time they set us up for the big one, it doesn’t pan out. We did, however, get 2 snow days out of it.. and it was a fun amount of snow for the kids to play in. I’m thinking about scanning some pictures from the Blizzard of 1978 (the year I was born). There was much talk about this years blizzard having the same potential. I’ve seen the pictures, and it wasn’t even close! Here are a few shots from one of our snow days!

IMG_0492

I’ll admit the amount of snow does look rather impressive in this shot.

IMG_0504

I shoveled the entire driveway for the first time EVER. Thank you snow blower for choosing to break this winter.

IMG_0518

Taylor pulling her brother around in the sled.

IMG_0532

Enjoying the pile of snow from the snow plow.

IMG_0545

My first attempt at Snow cream. Taylor was a fan, Zach was not.

IMG_0551

Hot chocolate with marshmallows!

IMG_0469

Snuggling up on the couch to watch a movie!

1 comment:

Jen said...

of course zach didn't like snow cream! haha. cute pics.