Thursday, June 09, 2011
Last day of Kindergarten
Tuesday was Taylor's last day of Kindergarten. Bittersweet, I was so ready for school to be done; but also slightly stressed about having my need-to-be-entertained-on-a-regular-basis child home 24/7. Ha! So, this last day of school was field day! They had a variety of events for the kids to compete in, and it was a HOT 90 degree humid day to add to the mix! I can hardly believe next year my oldest baby will be off to school for the entire day. 5 days each week, 7 hours each day. The longest amount of time I will have been away from her since she was born 6 years ago. She is ready, and I am ready... but I am still sad that time has passed so quickly. Taylor has grown and changed so much this year. She loves art, singing, dancing, soccer and gymnastics. She has learned how to read, and she is writing very well too! She is a pleaser at school- obeying everything the teacher says, and doing exactly as she is asked. She has that typical first born syndrome, she is a perfectionist.. and get's upset when things aren't perfect. She strongly desires praise for the good things she does, and needs individual attention outside of the younger kids so she isn't lost in our busyness. She is bossy, and she likes things to go her way. She is full of energy, and wants constant interaction.. is constantly talking, and jumping, doing handstands, cartwheels.. you name it. She is deep, she analyzes, talks like she is a teenager, and wants to discuss everything. Sometimes I have to remind myself she is only 6! I love our "talks" at bedtime, and I love that she still sees the world in black & white. We are working right now on adding a little bit of grace into the mix. :) I can hardly imagine what this next year is going to bring us.. but if it's anything like the last 6 we are in for a ride. We could not be anymore proud!! We love you Tay-Tay!
The hula champ!
Not sure what this one is called, but they had to fill up a bucket with water.
Sack Races!
Tay's Kindergarten class!
Tug of War!
Girlfriends... Taylor, Nora, Olivia & Geneva
Taylor and her buddy Drew.
Taylor and her friend Daniella
Tay and Mrs. Mohler
Taylor & Mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment