Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Schools out for Summer…..

Schools out forever!  Does this remind anyone else of the movie dazed and confused?   This movie was popular when I was in high school, so this song will be ever etched in my brain from that time in my life.  Anyway, last week we had Taylor’s last day of pre-school!  I am so relieved to be done with this year. I was less than crazy about her teacher, and I am looking forward to next year and Kindergarten.  She is SO ready!   Ben and I were able to spend the last day of School with Taylor at her Luau party this year.  I let Taylor pick where she wanted to have lunch before school, and lucky me she picked McDonalds! :)  We then spent a special day at school, and we were able to see some of things Taylor was learning during the year.  I am impressed with all her class was doing.  They were working on sight words, and addition at the end of the year and they were able to show us what they have learned.  At the end of pre-school Taylor is sounding out words & slowing starting to read, knows some sight words, can count to 79, recognizes and writes all of her letters in both upper and lower case, and knows the sounds they make.  She still prefers drawing pictures, crafts and singing to all other things.  She has grown up SO much this year.  Gone is most of her timidity and she is better at making friends and much better at situations where she doesn’t know anyone.  She had a few very good friends at school this year, and it was fun to watch her make friends.  I can’t believe how much she is growing up, and sometimes I think I’m not ready for this age… but I’ll learn as I go.   We have a long summer ahead, and I have her signed up for gymnastics camp, dance camp, vbs & swimming lessons to keep busy.

Last day 001

Daddy and Taylor at school.  It took much coercion on our part to get Taylor to wear this lay because she wanted a pink one and didn’t want to wear the color yellow. 

Last day 002

Daddy helping out with center time.

Last day 006

Working on a sentence with Miss Scheffers.

Last day 011

5 + 3= 8

Last day 019

Taylor’s Preschool class (with a couple of younger siblings mixed in) performing  a few of their favorite songs from the year.

Last day 029

The silly part of the song.

Last day 044

Tay and her BFF Caroline.

Last day 061

Class picture!  No longer a pre-schooler!  Love you Taylor!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

yay! Great job Tay!!