Sunday, June 20, 2010

"The Thrill, The Will, The Hill"

Saturday my friend Haley & I ran the Kalamazoo Klassic 10k, and finished with a time of 1:00:25! This was our first 10k , and it was quite a race. The Kalamazoo Klassic has a few hills throughout the race and 1 HUGE 1/2 mile long hill right in the middle of the race. The race logo is the "The Thrill, The Will, The Hill" and this was the 32nd year it has been going in Kalamazoo. It was rough, and honestly there were times when I wasn't sure I was going to make it, but we pushed through! Such a huge accomplishment after a LOT of training. We were pleasantly surprised with our time, our goal was 10 minute miles, but we honestly didn't think we were going to hit it going into the race because of the hill. After the first 2 miles we were at about 16 minutes, so I think a fast start helped us beat our goal. Who knows, maybe a 1/2 marathon will be in our future?? :)



Ben brought the kids down to the finish line to watch Mommy!


My sweet girl, and one of my biggest supporters. :)
Haley & I! Thanks for the awesome run, Haley! I couldn't have done it without you.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Great work Carrie! You totally can do a half marathon. Go for it!

Jen said...

Still cannot believe you did this! Awesome!!