Thursday, October 30, 2008
Slimy Goo Touching.... a.k.a. Pumpkin Carving
This past Sunday we carved Pumpkins for Halloween. Believe it or not, this is the first year we have done this with Taylor. I'm not super into Halloween, but I do enjoy dressing my little cuties up, and watching them run around. She named her pumpkin, Carlos... and would have preferred to talk to him, rather then stick her hands inside of him. Too slimy!, she said. After much coaxing.. this child finally did put her hand inside the pumpkin, and only to carefully pick out the pumpkin seeds one by one. She then proceeded to carry those seeds around for 3 days in a cup with water and talk to them. Finally, I told her she would need to dispose of the seeds, to which she replied that they were for planting a pumpkin patch. So, I told her she could go out back and plant them. She came back in a few minutes later with dirt all over her hands, and told me they were all set. I'm not sure what I should expect come next fall in our backyard!
Daddy trying to show her how it's not bad.. Um, and not doing a very good job at it I might add.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ha! i love that she was talking to the seeds...reminds me of her "pet rocks" name rock and rock i think right? cute!
love the polka dot pumpkin~!
The polka dot pumpkin looks very Target-ey.
Post a Comment