Thursday, April 16, 2009
Candy Crazy
I'm not sure quite sure how it has happened. I started this journey as your typical over-protective, trying to do everything perfect first time Mom. I'm pretty sure Taylor went through her first 3 years of life without so much as a taste of Candy, or sugar touching her lips. I remember looking down my nose as those parents who gave their children suckers, and candy. How then, are we at the point where we constantly have candy in our house, of which my kids are eating it just about every day? None of which, I have bought- by the way. It drives me crazy. Zach is only 19 1/2 months old, and the child has had suckers, jellybeans, cookies, ice cream, cake.... you name it. Why is, that I say.. oh well, let him have it, it will keep him quiet. What have I become? Honestly, like everything else I have learned about being a parent.. I have learned.. never say never. The time will come, and you will realize you have become what you once said you would never be. I'm ok with it, really I am. It just makes me wonder how lax I am going to be with this 3rd child, and what kinds of things will he/she be doing by 19 months old? Did I mention I made rice crispy treats for no apparent reason yesterday?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So funny! I was just thinking this exact same thing today and how Molly's teeth will probably rot out considering how much of a sweet tooth she has. Would never have allowed it for Grant. :)
I didn't know you were pregnant, Congrats! I am TERRIBLE with sweets! I NEVER got any growing up...& so I had to sneak it & became a candy/sweets freak in college... so I let my kids have way too much in hopes that they won't turn into me....this plan is NOT working. Sweet Rach, sweet.
Post a Comment