Sunday, September 06, 2009

Carrie's Top 10 at 39 weeks

With my c-section scheduled for Thursday, I thought I would take this time to write down my Top 10 least favorite/inappropriate comments from this pregnancy. I have honestly had each one of these things said to me at some point over the past 39 weeks. A word to the wise, if you don't have something nice to say- don't say anything at ALL.
10. It just looks like you have a big basketball under your shirt.

(Really, because I didn't even notice I was showing?)

9. You are just sticking way out there, aren't you?

(Nope, just skinny as can be.)

8. I'll bet you're uncomfortable.

(Feeling great! Thanks! Did I mention, I was thinking you must be uncomfortable with pants that tight?)

7. Wow, you look ready.

(Now what does that mean, exactly? Is it the disgusted look you are reading on my face?)

6. You are HUGE.

(Thanks. I hate your hair. Have a nice day.)

5. Were you this big with your other 2 pregnancies?

(Yep, BIG that's what I'm going for)

4. Boy, you're getting fat.. Ha. Ha. (Yes, this was said to me in an attempt at humor)

(Hilarious! I especially love how you are patting your fat belly as you say this)

3. Just 1 baby or 2? Are you sure?

(No, I'm not sure! I just said that!)

2. You just look like you're ready to pop!

(Yeah, I just might... you might not want to get too close.)

1. I just keep expecting that baby to fall right out!

(Seriously, you have got to be kidding me. Not to mention, completely inappropriate... GROSS. Why does my being pregnant, mean you can say things like this to me?)

In all seriousness, I am SO excited for this baby to be born. I can't wait! I can't believe we have 3.5 days to go! So excited to hold this baby in my arms, and see his or her little face. Please be praying for our scheduled surgery, and for the respiratory system of this little one. After Zach, that is always on my mind. I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Landscape of our Life said...

Carrie, your Top 10 is hilarious... but I guess not really to you... well written. (Hope I never said any of those things!!) :-) Can't wait to hear about the new arrival!

Jen said...

haha!! hysterical! you are cracking me up! can't wait to hear the news on thurs!

Emma Hamstra said...

So funny, but sadly true. People just seem to word vomit around pregnant women. Well, I think you look completely cute!! I'll be praying for you Thursday :)

Andrea said...

Good to see that you have not lost your humor...:)

We will keep you all in our prayers!