We are slowly getting adjusted to life as a family of five. Lauren has been a great baby so far, and I am happy to report that for the last 4 nights she has only woken up 1x! Yeah! She is very easily calmed, loves to be held upright so she can lay her head on you and snuggle up. She also loves to have her back or butt patted! She is taking a pacifier very well, and I'm not sure if I am setting myself up for disaster or not... since this is my first pacifier child. :) She is slowly starting to stay awake a little bit more, but is definitely a huge sleepy head, sleeping usually about 16-18 hours in a 24 hour period. One of our biggest struggles is actually keeping her awake to eat, and for little bits of time after she eats. She seems to fall asleep each night around 9/9:30.. and while she still needs to eat a few times, she sleeps then until morning. She is a squirmer, and a loud grunter! I was convinced she has reflux the first few weeks, but now that I have stopped drinking caffeine, and eating red sauces.. she seems to be getting better. We are still trying to figure out who she looks like, and who she is going to be. So far, the eyes are blue... but that could change. She has a look about her that is Zach, but also quite a bit of Taylor too! I think God knew exactly what I needed in a child this time around. I am really savoring every moment, trying to not worry so much about the clock.. about what I should and shouldn't be doing... and pretty much just going with the flow. I keep trying to remember this is my last time doing this!
In other news, we have been passing around the cold germs in this house for the last month. Zach is on his 4th bout of sickness, and Taylor has had 2 colds herself. I'm trying not to stress with a new baby in the house, but it would be nice if we could get through the end of the year without passing the germs on to Lauren.
Here are a few pictures my friend Angie took while she was here on Monday for a visit. I'm thinking about using them in my birth announcement. What do you think?



5 comments:
she is still such a beauty! Love the pictues. Can't wait to see her develop her own little personality and features. Stinks about the colds...but be thankful Zach has stayed clear of (do I dare write it?!)...ear infections! yeah for that.
Love her! She is beautiful. Feel like she has changed so much already. Your doing a great job mommy! Too bad this is your last...you make em pretty darn cute! :)
Carrie... great to see you guys last night. LOVE the pictures Angie took of Lauren... beautiful! What a great looking family. :-)
those pictures are great!
Man... that Angie should be a photographer when she grows up. You knew I had to make some silly comment. It's a good thing I took pictures... since we also brought new cold germs for your kids.
Post a Comment