Thursday, October 01, 2009

Lauren Elisabeth

On September 10th, 2009, we were blessed with the birth of our 3rd child, and 2nd daughter, Lauren Elisabeth Leonard. She weighed in at 8 pounds, and was 20 inches long. Ben and I couldn't have been more surprised with the birth of our 2nd little girl. These last few weeks have been full of excitement, adjustments & exhaustion. We are learning how to juggle a newborn, and 2 toddlers who constantly demand our attention. So far, Lauren has been the most laid back of our 3 children. She doesn't cry much, and when she does she is very easily calmed. We are praying she continues to be this way.. I am really enjoying every moment with her, because I know how fast this time goes.. and before long she will be running around behind her brother and sister. Taylor has been so excited, and is completely in love with her new baby sister. When Ben called her to tell her she had a baby sister, she said "I telled you it would be a girl!". She constantly wants to hold her, and is always trying to read to her, and talk to her. Such a little Mommy! So far, Zach seems pretty indifferent, and while he doesn't seem upset by the new baby.. he doesn't really pay all that much attention to her. We have truly felt so blessed by all of our friends and family over these past 3 weeks. Thank you all for the meals, cards, gifts and help. Most of all we are thankful to God for the blessing of a healthy baby girl.



Our first glimpse of Lauren.
Proud Daddy.
The first time I was able to hold her.
Ben took this picture, and we couldn't help but crack up at the little scowl on her face.. less than an hour old!
The proud big sister!!
Papa & Lauren
Grammie and Lauren
Grandma Terry & Lauren
Sweet face.
Grandpa Ray & Lucy.
Our babies..Zach, Tay & Lauren.
Party of 5! The Leonard Family. We are complete!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh I just love her...and all of you! Teared up...seriously. You have a beautiful family Care! Muuuwaaah!

Rach said...

Congrats on the baby girl! Beautiful family. So exciting to have 2 girls!

Jen said...

Yay! She is perfect and I can't wait to see her again...oh how much she'll change by then! Congrats again--what a blessing!