Thursday, May 08, 2008

Where a kid can be a kid....




Today Ben & I randomly decided to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's (my first time). I will say, for someone who generally doesn't like these germ infested type places.. it was a good time. I was impressed by the selection of "rides" for toddlers... and we were all able to enjoy pizza for lunch. Zach enjoyed watching all of the lights & music, and even rode a couple of rides next to his big sister. Taylor thoroughly enjoyed herself- she attempted air hockey (Mommy won), and ski-ball (she threw the ball across the room and hit the wall). The most hilarious part is that Taylor is extremely scared of Chuck E. Cheese. In fact, if he gets anywhere near her she starts crying and needs to be held. So, after her first melt down today about Mr. Cheese, she was riding one of the rides only to have Chuck E. Cheese wave at her from across the room- she surprised us when she waved back, and proceed to yell across the room- "Don't come over here Chuck E. Cheese!". Apparently, she is all good if he keeps his distance. After all was said & done- she had "won" enough tickets to purchase a jelly bracelet (do you remember those), stickers & most importantly a tootsie roll pop! You can't beat that.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I wish I could have been there with you b/c it sounds priceless!