

17.5 pounds
27 3/4 " long
Yep, he only grew like a pound and a half in the last 3 months. The Dr. said we need to keep an eye on it. At this point he is actually smaller than Taylor was at this age. We also found out Zach is slightly anemic, so they suggested we start giving him a liquid vitamin to boost his iron in-take. Well, I thought this wasn't going to be a problem, but since taking the vitamin Zach has puked 2x in 2 days. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but it seems like the common denominator. I'll spare you the fun details.
On a more positive note, he is physically doing very well! He crawls, pulls to a stand.. and can get anywhere he needs to go. He is very physical, and just loves to explore and go after everything... not very content to sit still. He is very determined, and very stubborn. When removed from a dangerous situation, he already like to exert his independence by letting out some good screams, throwing his head back and jerking his little body around. Yes, I can't wait to see what fun times the 2nd year might bring. :)
Zach does not care for his bottle, but he loves to eat baby & table food! He will take those any day, so getting him to eat from a bottle can sometimes be a struggle. We are offically done with nursing now, so I am hoping he will start really taking to his bottle. Ha! Doubtful, but a Mom can always hope.
We are yet to hear much in the way of babbling come out of Zachary's mouth. Most of this sounds involve whining and aaahhhh sounds. He has made some occassional mmmm's, but that is about it!
Today he discovered a new game... since he is often confined to his pack n play for pure safety reasons, we have it temporarly placed in the living room. Well today, while I was making Taylor's breakfast he discovered he could stand & take his toys and individually drop them over the edge of the pack n play for a nice loud crashing sound & lots of fun! The look on his face was priceless. You can bet he made sure to drop every single toy over the edge.
Zach has also started giving kisses... my favorite. :) The open mouth sloppy baby kisses.. I often find him coming at me with his mouth hanging open ready to plant one on. Too cute!
3 comments:
So cute. I love to hear all the updates! Can't wait to squeeze him again.
He's getting so big and still looking so much like Ben but also a little like you. Hope everything goes well with the whole bottle thing :)
Awww..I love him. He is giving kisses!?!? Hopefully next week he'll share one with me!
Post a Comment