Saturday, December 12, 2009

3 month changes

Lauren is 3 months old, and with quite a bit of prodding from my husband she has officially made the leap from her bassinet right next to Mommy, to her own crib in her own room. (Sniff...Sniff...) I was slightly emotional about the whole ordeal. I'm not sure why, maybe because it's my last baby.. maybe because I've had her right next to me for the last 3, well actually, the last 12 months. She is a quiet little sleeper, and I loved knowing she was safe right next to me. As you can see, she didn't seem to mind one bit.
Add ImageHer new bed...

Here are some quirky things about Lauren at 3 months:

  • She is scared of loud sneezes, and will generally burst into tears when someone sneezes really loud.
  • She is scared of my new camera, and often gives me the above look when I approach her.
  • She LOVES to be held. She is totally a snuggler.
  • She already seems to like the silky part of blankets... just like her sister and brother before her. Yesterday she accidentally grabbed her blanket and pulled it to her little face... and almost immediately her eyes started to blink, and she fell asleep.
  • She loves to chew on your shoulder and slobber all over you until your entire shirt is wet.
  • She was our "surprise" baby, but she is by far the one I have let myself enjoy the most.

3 comments:

Landscape of our Life said...

Love the new pictures of Lauren... she's a doll! Taylor's Christmas program pictures were sweet too. Glad to hear all is well!

Rach said...

that second picture is just hilarious! She is so cute! 3 months? I'm so jealous. My kids aren't even allowed 1 day in our room after the hospital. So I usually end up sleeping on the ground in their room...wait a minute...I think I'm starting to get really angry about this....

Jen said...

she is such a sweetheart! glad i got to see her recently...and glad you are enjoying her. she is a little treasure.