Wednesday, December 09, 2009

First night in the big boy bed....



We took the plunge. Tonight Zach is spending his first night in his big boy bed. I'm not sure how it's going to go. Are we going to have months of getting out of bed, middle of the night visits, crying & early wake-ups? Taylor had a horrible transition to her bed, and I'm hoping it will go a lot more smoothly for Zach. He seemed excited about it tonight after we put his rail up. We told him to stay in bed, and he was all smiles! He said O.K.! This was a big change from earlier in the day when I showed him his new bed, and he told me he wanted to go to bed in his own room. I think he is having a hard time leaving the room that has been his for the past 2 years. He doesn't want baby Lo-Lo to take it over. Part of me understands, and I am hoping that this new bed and room will soon feel like home to him. Here are a few pictures of the first night. As I am typing this I am hearing way too much noise from upstairs. I think it might be a long night!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

OMW Carrie! Big night!! I will be praying for you guys. I hope it goes well. I can't wait to hear. Can't believe it.

Jen said...

haha! i am just remembering those two hams sharing a room here and the giggles that were going on LATE into the night! here's to hoping it goes better for you!