
Saturday we took the kids downtown to Santa's Village. I know I've said it before, but if you have the chance to do this it's a definite must! So much better than waiting in some long line at the mall, only to have your child refuse to sit on Santa's lap.. and not to mention you have to
pay them to take a picture. At Santa's Village they have free crafts for the kids, and you can take as many pictures as you want with your own camera! I was a little worried about how it was going to go for Santa this year, because Taylor told us she was going to ask him how he could see her to know if she was good or bad? She was full of questions for him, but sure enough when she actually got up there to sit on his lap.. she seemed to forget all about those questions. Phew! I thought Santa was going to have his work cut out for him.

Waiting to see Santa. So excited!

Zach wouldn't go up there on his own, so he went up with Daddy. (As you can see he has a concerned look on his face) They both have the letters they wrote for Santa in the workshop, so that he can read what they want. The cool part is that Santa actually writes them a letter back! Taylor loves getting a letter from Santa each year. Santa was teasing Taylor by asking her what she wanted besides socks, underwear and t-shirts! She said, " I don't want socks!"

So excited to tell him she wants the following:
1 American girl doll...
check1 Little Mermaid Barbie...
check1 miniature gumball machine...
hmmm... news to me :)
1 Little Pet Shop... also news to me :)

Taylor trying to convince Zach to go back up there on his own.

He did it! However, he sat up there with a blank expression on his face, and refused to look at Santa or talk to anybody. In fact, I couldn't even get him to look at me. I think this is where the phrase "scared stiff" comes into play.

Making a "gingerbread" house with graham crackers & candy! Yum.
3 comments:
Cool... where is this "Santa's Village?" Looks like fun! We finally got Eli to sit on Santa's lap (at church) without crying this year! He's only almost 5!
This post makes me totally sad and jealous. That may have been one of the best tips you gave me when we lived there. The kids want to go this year. I don't know that we will make the 4 hour drive though.
Santa's village is downtown at Mall Plaza. Definitely recommend it!
Ang, I totally think you should make the drive for Santa... why not?
Post a Comment