As many of you know we have decided not to tell Taylor about our Disney plans until we arrive in Orlando, FL. Before you decide that you agree or disagree with this method, let me just tell you.. we know our daughter, and this is all about survival. She will not survive 20 hours in the car & 2 overnight stays b4 Disney if we tell her before hand. We will not survive 20 hours in the car while be being peppered by Disney questions. It is much better this way, truly it is. Anyway, with that being said, I've been packing and today I had to sneak her Princess dress into my suitcase, along with one of her many crowns. On Saturday morning we will be attending breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table.. and we must be prepared. So, I decided I had the perfect opportunity to sneak the dress while she and Zach were playing down in the basement. I've tried unsuccessfully many times to declutter this area, and somehow it always ends up just like this.
She has a system, and she notices when things are out of place. She is constantly sneaking little pieces of paper, knickknack's, etc and putting them right in this little area of her room. So, I had to go riffling through her things to even find the dress, and after that I had to try to put things away as they were. I also had a very difficult time finding her crown, and so I had to ask her where she kept it.... Well, this made her very suspicious... her exact words... "Why do you need my crown?" "Why are you asking?' At last, I thought I had gotten away with it all... only to have her come out of her room later this morning to ask me the following:
Taylor: "Was there something in my room?"
Me: "Huh? What?"
Taylor: "Did you find something in my room?"
Me: "No, I'm not sure what you are talking about. "
Taylor: "Well, why does it look like this? Everything is all messed up" (Slightly disgruntled) "Now, I'm going to have to go fix it all."
Me: "Ok, sounds good....".
Phew, so close! So far, she hasn't noticed her dress is missing from the maddness. It's going to be a GREAT surprise!
Taylor: "Was there something in my room?"
Me: "Huh? What?"
Taylor: "Did you find something in my room?"
Me: "No, I'm not sure what you are talking about. "
Taylor: "Well, why does it look like this? Everything is all messed up" (Slightly disgruntled) "Now, I'm going to have to go fix it all."
Me: "Ok, sounds good....".
Phew, so close! So far, she hasn't noticed her dress is missing from the maddness. It's going to be a GREAT surprise!
1 comment:
haha! i love this post. so typical taylor...like how she always has to "pack" her own things for her trips. haha.
Post a Comment