Thursday, May 13, 2010

The day I turned 32….

 

32 Birthday 049

I want to remember this day when I look back in 20 years.  I will be 52, Ben will be 53, Lauren will be 20, Zach will be 22, and Taylor will be 25.  I want to remember the little things about this day.  The way Zach was turning into such a “boy” and was starting to show a slight obsession with all things gross.  The way he plugged his ears for this picture, and the excitement he had for his big sister & the special relationship I had with him.  The way Taylor was growing up right before my eyes, and becoming such a pretty girl.  The way she was starting to be aware of what clothes were cute, how we were constantly remarking on how wise beyond her years she was.   The fact that she was SO tired after a long day at school, but how she would always hop in the car and tell me “Mom-  I had such a GREAT day!”.  The way Lauren started performing SO BIG for me on my birthday for the first time, and how she was just starting to wave, but sometimes got confused between the waving and the SO big.  How bright her blue eyes would shine.  The way my husband went out of his way to make this day extra special for me by having a beautiful card, breakfast, and a gift for me when I woke up, bringing lunch home for me, and taking Taylor to school.  The way this evening ended with dinner at Carraba’s with my parents, and gifts and cake afterwards with the kids running around on a crazy sugar high.  I hope I remember this day…

32 Birthday 074

Zachie putting an ice pack on Papa’s head.  Just because.

32 Birthday 067

Opening gifts with help from my assistants.

32 Birthday 063

Ben and Lo

32 Birthday 058

Zach having such a hard time resisting the cake.

32 Birthday 056

Blowing out my 3 + 2 candles…

32 Birthday 036

Trying to get a picture of my 3 babies together…32 Birthday 037

Love this one..

32 Birthday 033

At least they are all looking… I kept trying to take the paci out, but she would cry.

32 Birthday 015

Silly Sisters…

32 Birthday 026

Playing together..

6 comments:

Lesley said...

great post Care! You look awesome. Hope it was a Fabulous day! Love you!

Ang said...

I agree you look good and great post. However, it's not as good as your "before I was mom" post. Now that was amazing.

Unknown said...

Always thought you should write for a living. You have a talent for words. Love the pictures of all my "kids"

Jen said...

i love this. it goes by so fast...your thoughts on your birthday and i'm sure your mom was thinking, "how did my baby get to be 32?!"

Emma Hamstra said...

Great post! Hope you had a great birthday!

Rach said...

What a great post! You look awesome btw. I hope I look that great after kid #3!