Thursday, July 21, 2011

Swimming Lessons

In June, we finished 2 weeks of swimming lessons for both Taylor and Zach. We went with a recommendation from a friend on private lessons with Ms. Corey. I had to drop the kids off each day and wasn’t allowed to stay to watch until the last day when they put on a little show for us. I was a little nervous with Zach because if you know him at all.. you know this could go either way. He’s had swim lessons with us in the past (screaming the entire time), and he also has access to my parents pool on a regular basis, but he hates the water and doesn’t even like to go in if we are holding him. So, I thought we’d give it a shot and I’m so glad we did!! The lessons were slow moving for Zach and after 2 weeks of going each day it gave him the little push he needed to start swimming in the pool with his life jacket and swimmies on all by himself! I could not be any more thrilled & proud of him. This is a big time fear for him. It’s truly like we have a different child. He keeps telling me- Mom- this is so much fun!! I love swimming- thank you Ms. Corey! Smile Swimming lessons were well worth it this Summer for this family!

As far as Taylor.. I wouldn’t say she learned a ton of new things. She is already a pretty independent swimmer, and so she focused on refining her strokes, diving and that sort of thing. She did an awesome job, and really enjoyed herself. I think growth and strength are the only things she needs now to become a better swimmer.

So proud of both of my kiddos!

IMG_3718

This is Zach’s very serious & very scared look!

IMG_3725

Yay, Zach! So proud of you for going in the water. No tears!

IMG_3727

Even a little bit of face in the water action, which he still doesn’t really like…

IMG_3743

Swimming with a noodle.

IMG_3771

Taylor swimming across the pool!

IMG_3774

Back-stroke across the pool..

IMG_3767

Taylor learning to dive…

IMG_3768

Great work Taylor! On to Advanced Swimming next year.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Awesome! (We have Miss Patty here). I think the lessons are well worth it too!