Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thrills & Skills Gymnastics Meet

We finally made the decision to let Taylor join the Gymnastics team at Kids Gym at the end of the school year.  Just a few weeks after joining she participated in the Thrills & Skills “fun meet”.  I was a little nervous for her because she had only just learned the routines on each event, but she did a great job and we tried to keep her focused on doing our best & having fun!   Here are a few pics. I apologize.. they are all pretty dark.

IMG_3247

Great job Taylor!  Each child is awarded a ribbon each event & given a trophy for participating... Blue for 1st, Red for 2nd, White for 3rd. 

IMG_3226

Sitting with the other level 1’s getting ready for bars. 

IMG_3228

Taylor on the balance beam.  The balance beam will always remind me of a little pin I had on my gym bag for all the years I was a gymnast.

The Gymnast Prayer

Now as I warm up for this meet, I pray my competition I can beat.

And if I fail amidst the cheers, I pray I will hold back my tears.

And one more thing success or not, I pray the creator of Beam be shot.

IMG_3229

Floor routine.

IMG_3246

Level 1’s, 2’s, 3’s & 4’s.  Great job girls!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Love that gymnast prayer. :) Good job Tay!