Sunday, June 22, 2008

Where has June gone?

Here is an update on our crazy month! We have had so much to do, and so much fun doing it all. I can't believe July is almost here. Here is a snapshot of some of things the Leonard family was involved with this June.

First and foremost, Happy Fathers Day to our Daddy's! Zach & Taylor love their Daddy so much. I'm so thankful my children have a Daddy like you Ben. You are fun, kind & so loving. You are truly teaching them about God's love by your example, and I love watching you with them.

Being tickeled by Daddy!


We had promotion Sunday at Church. Taylor wasn't promoted this year, but she got up with a few other kids her in class, and they sang a little song. We were so proud, and smiling ear to ear! They called each child by name, and they had to head up front. Taylor stomped up the steps.. it was too cute.



The Carnival at a local Catholic Chuch & School. Zach just waking up from a nap, and taking it all in.


Taylor & Daddy on the Spin The Apple Ride.


Ben & I took this kids to a local carnival, and Taylor was able to experience a few rides for the first time. She was too scared to go on anything alone, and I made the mistake of volunteering to go on the tilt-a-whirl with her. She did fine, but I was about to lose my lunch! Seriously, that thing was intense. This carousel was much more my speed.


The Doo-Daa Parade. We went downtown Kzoo for the annual Doo-Daa Parade. Taylor had a great time collecting candy, and watching the parade go by.




Taylor & her beloved Grammie!







Taylor was excited to see the doggies marching by.



Zachie and Taylor both had a bought of herpangia at the beginning of the month... Not a fun time. They had sores in their throats & fevers. Taylor handeled it like a champ, but Zach had a much harder time. We had about 2 weeks free from sickness, before landing another cold this last week.


We enjoyed some time in the pool this month, although it's hard to believe with all of the rain we've had! Seriously, will it ever end? Bring on the heat! I'm ready!!


Having fun splashing!


Taylor Anne... becoming more and more confident in the water every day! She started swim lessons, last week. I will make sure to post with some pictures, but my battery was dead on my camera the first week.


Zachie... almost 10 months old. Hard to believe.. it has really gone by so fast! He is now saying baba & mama like a champ! He also has 6 teeth, and is working on getting the 7th on the bottom.


We headed up to Muskegon this month to celebrating my friend Lesley's 30th birthday! It's about time she joined the rest of us in this club! It was an amazing night at her parent's house on Lake Michigan. Thanks again for having us Les. It was so much fun to celebrate your 30th with you. Happy Birthday! Love you.


Here is a picture of my college roomies- Lesley & Julie. (Pictures courtesy of Lesley, because I forgot my camera)


We had an awesome visit with Jen & Gavin this month. They came down for a Wednesday night & Thursday playtime. Here are some pictures of Zach & Gavin together.


Gavin hamming it up!


So cute to watch our boys together! Thanks for coming Jen & Gavin, we can't wait to see you again soon.





And last but definitely not least... we are in the process of doing some major updating on the exterior of our house. Within the next month, we will have a new roof, new paint, new doors and new landscaping. This picture above is a before picture (minus one bush)- since this picture was taken, Ben has taken out all of the bushes. I will make sure to post an after picture. They are starting on the roof tomorrow!


3 comments:

Jen said...

very busy month! love all the pics!

Jen said...

oh and by the way--what kind of moms leave their kids in those nasty bibs! ha ha!!

Carrie said...

ha..ha.. I thought the same thing, but it's a cute picture so I had to post it bibs and all. But seriously, they are pretty nasty! :)