
On July 1st I braved the beach with all 3 kids!! Yes, I am seriously getting brave in my old age. Like I said, I'm embracing a new way of thinking!! I'm going to enjoy this "season" of life, no matter how hard it is sometimes. I want to enjoy this "stage", instead of constantly wishing for the next. This is the life I have been given, and I am going to look back on these times in 20 years and wish for them back. Ok... sorry about that tangent.
So, Staci, Ashley & I had 7 kids total at the beach. It was an absolutely beautiful day. Nice and cool, but a blue sky.. so not cold. Wonderful. The kids did very well! Of course we had our issues, trying to get all of my "luggage" from the car to our spot was a fun time, I lost my Kate Spade wallet, which had my keys, credit cards, you name it in it, but a sweet little girl found it in the bathroom and turned it in for me, Zach was whiny because he still doesn't really like being dirty, and Lauren pretty much dove for the sand and was eating it left and right. But really, all in all it was a great day! First real beach day of the year for us.

Zachie doing a little digging. I can't tell you how many times I heard him say," I sticky Mommy"," I dirty, Mommy". Issues, this child has issues. I know where they come from... Ben.

Staci & Will.

No fear of getting dirty here. This child can play with the boys any day! She loves it!

Lauren.. caught in the act. Sand around the mouth. She was constantly trying to eat the sand, and face plant in the sand. Seriously, she could not be any more opposite from Z. It didn't phase her.

Cutie Rhett.

Trying unsuccessfully to keep Lo in the tent.

Lunch on the beach.

Caroline & Zach. They are going to be in pre-school together next year.

Drew, Will & Taylor.. Will you check out how covered in sand these children are?? I remember doing the same thing as a kid.

The crew having fun.

How I managed to get all of these people, and all of these things from the car to this spot still baffles me.

A day to the beach would not be complete without being buried in the sand.
2 comments:
you are braver than I! good work momma.
hilarious. hopefully a fun day like that was topped off with some super naps.
Post a Comment