Cucumbers...
We have a garden this year. Last year was my first attempt, and after using a friend's organic soil recipe- we had amazing tomatoes! SO amazing in fact, that I pretty much lived off of them for the last 2 months of pregnancy, and had enough to pass them along to friends and family. So, this year I was really hoping for a bigger garden. I had dreams of growing all kinds of things, making my own salsa, going right back into my yard for all I need in the way of veggies & herbs! However, I soon learned not everything grows, and it is definitely a learning process. This year I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, green beans, carrots, spinach, cilantro, basil, green peppers, red peppers, banana peppers & jalapeno peppers!! The carrots, spinach & cilantro didn't make it & the beans were eaten by rabbits, but they are growing back. The peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers are growing like crazy!! I know, you think I'm crazy right? This all goes along with that small part of me that wants to be a hard working organic farm girl... Can't you see it? But really, I do love it and I love the way food tastes right from the garden. By the way my hard working husband, built me a free-standing garden this year, and it was a lot of work- so thanks babe, it looks amazing!
1 comment:
i sit hear impressed...and jealous.
Post a Comment