So, for my big 3 year old... it would not be my blog if I didn't do a 3 year update:
1. Zach you are one of the most tender hearted children I know. You are sweet. You love your Mommy & of course your Daddy too! You love to climb up on my lap and to give me hugs, and you love to snuggle. You have a very special place in my heart. I have worried about you more than any of my other children, and I have a different bond with you than I do anyone else. I have loved watching you change this last year. It's been a whirlwind!!
2. At 3 years old you can count to 13, sing your ABC's, you know your colors & you are potty trained!!! Woohoo!! These were my Summer goals, and I can say you have accomplished them all. I'm so proud of you.
3. At 3 years old, you are still a short little guy. You have short legs, just like both of your Grandpa's! You have bright blue eyes, and the best smile.. From the time you were born you have smiled easily, and laughed easily. It's so fun to make you laugh, and I love that about you.
4. At 3 years old, you are such a boy!! You like to run, to jump, to tune me out, to wrestle, to play with cars, to help Daddy put things together. You even like to "play" baseball w/ Daddy. You like to cross your legs at the ankle while you are watching t.v., or while you are "reading" a book. You surprise us every day with your vocabulary & we are working very hard on the articulation.
5. Everyone still thinks you look just like Daddy. Mini Ben.... I hear it all the time, and while I agree for the most part, you have some of me too. :)
6. You still take a 2-3 hour nap every day, and you go to bed every night at 8... and usually play around for an hour depending on the day. You share a room with your big sister, and you LOVE it! You especially like to try and keep her up. You sleep each night with your Na-Na & your stuffed animals. You must have your 2 elephants, and your 3 dogs each night to go to sleep. You wake up around 8 every morning, and I usually hear you walking into the bathroom to go on your own.
7. You love peanut butter & jelly.... you would eat it for all meals if you could. You love milk. You love yogurt... You like cheese, and you like bagels. However, the list of things you don't like is endless. You love to say- "Mommy my tummy's gettin full" when you don't want to eat something... You love to say- "I don't like that." You are my picky eater.
8. You obey. Sure, we have our times.. and sometimes you like to exert your independence, but for the most part.. you are such a good boy. You listen, and you are kind to other kids. However.... I have noticed lately you don't like it when your little sister tries to play with your things. This might be a problem.. only time will tell. :)
9. You are excited about pre-school, and I think you are going to do great. We went to the back to school night on Wednesday and you seemed right at home. Go figure.. so far, you don't seem to get as nervous about new situations are your sister did.
10. From the NICU followed by 6 months of refusing to nap, serious attachment issues, 2 years of ear infections & a speech delay... 3 seems to be a BIG turning point. You are growing up, and I love to watch you!! Happy 3rd Birthday Zachie!!

2 comments:
What a great post Care! All those memories and three years that just flew by. Love him so much. Give him a squeeze from us! And oh, the pic of him in the NICU...remembering that day and thanking God for your healthy boy!
Where.Has.The.Time.Gone!!?!? It has been an eventful 3 years. I love watching him grow and change and I, too, feel those baby pictures where just yesterday. Glad he's approached 3 with gusto!
Post a Comment