After.. (sort of), in this picture the headboard is resting back on the wall & resting on the bed... Ben is still in process of building the legs and it will be a little lower once it is place.
After about a year of talking about it, I finally made a headboard for our bed. Thanks to my friend Jen for making hers, and giving me the kick in the pants I needed. Ben and I made it together, and we used the Martha Stewart method. I had seen Martha make a headboard a while back out of a hollow door, and it was so easy I figured we couldn't go wrong! I absolutely LOVE my headboard. So, truth be told I think I visited Joann Fabrics & Fields Fabrics more this week than I ever have in my entire life. It was a tad bit overwhelming. I had issues when it came to choosing a fabric, and after about 20 swatches, and 1 other cut piece, I settled on this fabric for about $9.25/yard. I only used 2.5 yards, so as you can see it was a total steal. All in all, we spent a little over $100 for the entire project. I love the way it makes the room look! Tell me what you think.
3 comments:
Alright... your pictures are beautiful... I am ready to run out and get a new camera. (maybe it's just the photographer)
And now you are also turning into Martha Stewart on top of being beautiful and stylish... stop it!!!
Making your own headboard and baking peach cobblers.... I'm just struggling to keep up with the laundry...
so fabulous! love it so much! way impressed. now come do mine...
ahhh!! way to go carrie! I told you it was super easy and you could do it no problem! i LOVE it! it looks great!! Can't believe you didn't mention this to me....totally impressed!
Post a Comment