Tuesday, August 17, 2010
My soon to be pre-schooler...
Today, I took Zach to St. Mikes to meet his 3's pre-school teacher, Mrs. Heintz. Zach has spent the past 2 years of his life going in and out of this school numerous times a day with his big sister, so he was pretty comfortable & excited. As is the St. Mike's tradition they decorated his very own school bag to use throughout the year. I can't believe just 2 short years ago we were doing this same thing with Taylor (see here). I also can't believe my little guy is soon to be a pre-schooler!! I think this year is going to be very good for him for many reasons. Mrs. Heintz is an amazing teacher, and we talked for a bit today about his speech issues, and I left feeling so encouraged and relieved. I found out St. Mikes has it's own speech therapist in-house, and it looks like we are going to have her come and observe Zach and if needed he will be able to receive therapy right there at school! I couldn't be any happier with this scenario, and I'm praying we will be able to get him the extra help he needs. I was also very encouraged by the fact that Mrs. Heintz seemed to understand him very well, and Zach seemed to really like her. My little guy is growing up! 2 more weeks until the big day.
Decorating his bag with Mrs. Heintz.. he was naming the colors of the buttons... blue one, red one, BIG yellow one.
Gluing buttons on his school bag.
Zachie & Mrs. Heintz
The finished project! He choose his 2 favorite colors- yellow & blue! Good thing we're Michigan fans. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment