Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Friends

Last week we had a visit from my good friend Angie and her family. I met Angie 9 years ago right after Ben and I were married while we were in the same small group together at church. I'm not sure how our friendship developed, it seemed rather unlikely.. she was a stay at home Mom of 1, and I was a newlywed, self-focused, working-girl. :) Truth be told, she came along at a time in my life when I was really needing some new friends, and God knew exactly who to send. I'm not sure how I would have survived my first pregnancy or first years as a Mom without Angie. She often talked me off the ledge with her funny stories, or encouraged me in those early years. She helped me realize the grass wasn't always greener, that it was likely a stage and would pass, and that all children do things at different time and in different ways. :) She was always there for me. It's hard to believe that 9 years later we have 7 children between the 2 of us & we talk just about every week. It's been almost 2 years since they moved back to Indiana, and I am so thankful that we have been able to keep talking, but I sure do miss her around here. :) So great to see you guys last week! Love ya.

Somehow, I always to manage to forget my camera, but I had it out for our 2nd day together. Here is Taylor taking a turn at bat.
8 year old Reid ready to go! I remember when Angie told us she was pregnant with Reid, and now look at him!
10 year old Cade is seriously almost as tall as me!!
5 year old Trey. What a good smiler this one is.
Me & Ang
22 month old cutie Aleah.
Zach roasting his first marshmellow.
This was the best shot I could get of the group. We had a fun couple of days, cooking out, swimming, eating pizza and making S'mores!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Love the pic of Zach roasting his marshmallow. So cute!

Ang said...

You know how easy it is to make me tear up these days.... I miss you... yes... love the pic of the group with me chowing on a smore.

Jen said...

cute post. glad you could spend some quality time together!