Well, first it was Tay-Tay and now it's Lo-Lo(or baby Wo-Wo, as Zach likes to call her). We like nicknames in our house, what can I say? Lo-Lo is 2 months old! I can hardly believe it, and I have just been eating up every moment with her. At her 2 month appointment she was a whopping 12 pounds 12 ounces, and 23 1/4 inches long. So like 90th & 75th percentile, I think. She is definitely not having any problems with her eating. At 2 months Lauren is kind of, sort of, falling into a little bit of a pattern. I honestly haven't tried to get her on a schedule until recently, because she was SO sleepy... it was impossible. She eats every 3 hours, and goes to bed at 9.. dream feeds at 11, and sleeps then until about 5/6.. the last 2 nights I have given her a pacifier at 5/6 and she sleeps until 7:30. So, I'm not sure if I would call that sleeping through the night or not. She naps differently every day... mostly because I have 2 other children to run all over the place. So, usually I try to keep her up for a bit after she eats and then she sleeps... and she is finally starting to stay awake more. She is giving us smiles, and loves to smile at her big sister & big brother. She is still a pretty easy going child, and pretty content. I can't wait to see what she will become. Right now I'm just enjoying the times where I can hold her and smell her, and savoring the little smiles and the innocence of a new baby.
How is being a Mom to 3 kids? I get this question all the time. It's definitely better than I thought it would be, but it's still hard. Honestly, I've been thinking a lot lately about how it was when I just had Taylor.. and I envy people who are still in that stage. It's not that I would go back, but things are never quite the same again after you have another. Life is just chaotic... you get use to juggling.. to dealing with someone always crying, always calling for Mommy, always wanting something. I remember how in LOVE with Taylor I was, and how I was just in love with every little move she made. After I had 2, I just didn't have the time to stop and think about things that much. So... my life now with 3 is busy from morning to night. I am a slave to my children. I'm trying to remember how fast this time will go, and I'm trying to savor it. Hence, why I spent the first 7 hours of my day in my pjs ironing shrinky dinks or whatever you call them with my daughter, taking my son to the bathroom every 30 minutes, reading books & building towers. It's what I do now, and even when it's hard.. I love them. I wouldn't change having them for anything in this world.
So, here's to the next few years of date nights on the couch after the kids are in bed, to not doing my hair.. because the fact that it is clean is good enough, to shoveling down a dinner so fast... you don't remember what or if you ate, to children who still love to be tucked in at night. Thank you God, for ALL of my blessings.
3 comments:
Cute post Care! She's a doll!
Love this post. See you are still thoughtful... and you are able to write a complete sentence. Maybe I should just blame it on 40 quickly approaching.
Love the pic of you and Lauren. She has changed sooo much.
seriously...you are doing awesome. lauren is already changing so much! great post.
Post a Comment