Thursday, November 12, 2009

Potty Time


Call me crazy, but I have decided it's time to start potty training Mr. Zachary. I'm going to try to actually stick with it this time, and I know I will probably lose my mind in the process. What has caused this sudden decision you might ask? Well, as most of you know Taylor was potty trained by 2.. and I think it's kind of gross to change 3 year old poop. Who am I kidding, it's kind of gross to change 2 year old poop. Now, this is my 2nd attempt, the first being the 2nd week I was home with Lauren. I was so grossed out by how big his diapers were that I decided it was ridiculous for him to still be in diapers. Yes, that attempt lasted for about a half day.

So far today, he has peed on the potty twice, and he has wet his pants 3 times. I keep reminding him to tell me when he has to go potty, and I am trying to reward him when he goes on the potty and not make a huge deal out of it when he has an accident. We also took the plunge right into big boy underwear. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Whoa! Good work momma! I so need to do this too but just have decided to be lazy until after Christmas. :) Tell me how it goes. Cute jammies. :)

Jen said...

You are brave! Good for you though--if you're stuck at home, you might as well work on something right?! Love the pic--he looks like 2 going on 6.