Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Back and Forth


My girls.. isn't she looking like such a chunky monkey?

SO, I am starting to take back what I said about Lauren being the most laid back of my 3 children. I know, I just wrote that she was like a day ago... but I can take it back if I want. She has officially started sleeping through the night! Yay! However, she seems to have traded this in for a 7-9 fussy period every evening and she has now decided she wants to be held and/or be paid attention to 100% of the time when she is awake. This makes for a lot of crying on her part, because as you know I can only do so many things at one time. For example, she cried while I was making breakfast this morning, cried while I was making lunch, cried while we ate dinner, cried when I put her in her bouncy seat and left the room during Taylor and Zach's nap time, cried when I tried to lay her down under her activity gym after she ate. She pretty much cries just about everytime I leave her alone... and she doesn't stop until I pick her up. I'm not sure if this is the "New Lauren" or if we are just passing through another one of many stages. Am I the only one who constantly tries to figure my kids out? I wish I could be more go with the flow, and say whatever to everything... but I am just always thinking.. Oh, no! What does this mean? Is she going to be the high maintenance always? Is she going to be like Zach as a baby, and need me every second? Is she going to be super sensitive? I know.. I know, chill out. She's only almost 10 weeks old... I once again revert to the thought that I thought I had everything about babies so figured out when Taylor was 10 weeks old. She was on a perfect little schedule, sleeping perfectly during the day for each nap period, and sleeping through the night. She was content, and happy... really not needing much, and preferring not to be held. Oh, how naive I was... I actually thought everyone needed to do Babywise, and they would just have the perfect little child I did! Ha. I'm so thankful for books like the Baby Whisperer and Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child... which give you a little bit different perspective and a ton of good information. I will never again be cocky about how to handle a baby, I've experienced way too much.. and I know now that each child is completely different. Anyway, just some ramblings... here's to a better day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

here's to a better day tomorrow for sure! I'm sure it's just a phase, or a growth spurt, or something. Charley went through this too...fussy time in the evening before bed. You're doing a great job, and have done a great job with all of them!

Jen said...

Aww..its just a phase...one that once you feel like you have it figured out will change on you! :)