Sunday, November 22, 2009

Snapshot

Taylor
  • Talks all the time. Seriously, never stops asking questions, expressing opinions, singing, narrating, commenting (for example, she is sitting in this chair with me right now asking what I am writing)
  • Loves to dance and do "gymnastics".
  • Can still take a nap on any given day. Often tells me she loves naps, and often asks for a nap.
  • Loves her baby sister, and is easily frustrated with her baby brother.
  • Has quite a bit of attitude, and often makes 16 year old comments/expressions. 2 of my recent "favorites". "Mom, you are acting like the queen right now in dancing princesses". (meaning I am basically an evil mean witch) & "No, I told you I am going to have candy right now".. after we said " We told you that you will not be having candy right now".
  • Is honestly in a difficult stage right now. Bored all the time, can't stick to one thing for long, and wants constant entertainment.
  • Still sucks her thumb, and has a blanket. I make her keep it in her room, since thumb and blanket go together. Even mentioning that she needs to quit brings her to tears.
Zachary
  • Starting to become the 2nd most talkative person in our house. Favorite phrases right now include: I too, Mine, Tay Tay Me (Tay-Tay's mean), Tay Tay NO!, Tay-Tay Hit, Up down (I want to go upstairs), Mommy shit me (Mommy sit with me), Wo Baby Lo Lo? Where's baby Lo Lo?), Mommy Help!, No Tank Chew (No Thank you), Wook Mommy (Look Mommy), I Draw & I wuv you (I love you).
  • Clearly doesn't understand what it means to tell us he has to go potty b4 he goes. But, now he gets upset when he poops in his pants- I guess that's progress. Let's just say potty training is kind of on hold right now.
  • Easily frustrated with his big sister, and pretty gentle with his little sister, but also pretty oblivious to her.
  • Loves Cars & Trucks,
  • Loves Balls
  • Loves Drawing
  • Loves his standard lunch- Deli Chicken or Bologna, Fruit, Cheese & Yogurt.
  • Loves his blanket & his thumb.
  • Still the easiest boy to make smile, but still the hardest to calm down.
Lauren
  • Takes 4 naps a day, and sleeps about 11 hours each night. Has recently started waking up at night for her paci again... I'm not too sure about this. I give it to her, and she goes right back to sleep, but am I setting myself up for months of this? How is it my 3rd child is 10 weeks old, and I am waking up to put a paci back in her mouth?
  • Likes to be walked around.. especially during her 7-9 fussy time. If you try to sit down, she starts to fuss again.
  • Really starting to give BIG smiles, and really recognizing Mommy, Daddy, Taylor & Zach.
  • Squeals, says ahh, ooo, ahhgoo.
  • Can hold a toy in her hand if you put it in there for her.
  • Still not loving tummy time, but getting better. Holds her head up for quite a long time now.
  • Starting to like her swing.
  • Still sleeping in her bassinet right next to me. The longest either of my other 2 made it was 3 weeks.
  • Has her own look, and I think it's mostly due to her round head and chubby cheeks.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

great post. Love to catch up on their little lives. :)

Rach said...

I'm still laughing at the "mommy sit with" version. Awesome.