Sunday, January 10, 2010

4 months.....




Yesterday, Lauren turned 4 months old. We just got back from the Dr., and I am happy and somewhat shocked to report that she is 15 pounds 12 ounces, and 26.5" long! Just to put this in perspective, both of my other kids were 16# at 6 months, and about 26"- 26.5" long at 6 months. Seriously, she is a chunker. Of course, I am thrilled that she is doing so well and thriving... but I can't help but laugh at how big she is! Hard to believe that 4 months ago she came into our lives. I really can't imagine life without her.

Dear Lauren,
You just turned 4 months old, and Mommy thinks this is the fastest 4 months she has had in her 31 years of life. It was this week 1 year ago that I found out I was pregnant with you. The next few months were a roller coaster of not feeling well, and being overwhelmed at the thought of another baby. I'm so thankful God knows exactly what we need & has a perfect plan. I am so blessed to have you & cannot imagine life without you in it. You are a sweet little girl, and I love watching you, holding & snuggling with you. You have 2 big dimples, and love to give us big open mouthed grins! You have only laughed 1 time so far, and this was at your big sister Taylor when she was being silly. You love to watch the world around you, and you love to be held. If Mommy walks by you and doesn't pick you up, you start to cry. You are a cross between your brother and sister in temperament. For the most part, you are easily calmed... but you can get worked up and over-stimulated pretty easily. You also don't seem to like to be put down to play... and you aren't even trying to roll at this point. You definitely know Mommy and you are started to get pretty attached to me. You have big blue eyes, and big round cheeks and your hair is starting to come in blond! You are sleeping through the night, but still wake up sometimes talking, but as soon as I put a pacifier in, you go right back to sleep. You are a great napper, and have no problem taking 3 pretty long naps each day. I feel blessed to be your Mommy, and I am looking forward to watching you with your big sister & big brother as you get older. I often wonder what it would be like to be the little sister of 2 crazy, loud siblings... I can only imagine that this will have an impact on who you become. In my opinion & speaking from experience... being the baby is the best place to be! If I had a choice... I'd like you to stay this little. I'm in no hurry for you to grow up... you are my baby and will always be.

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Ang said...

I love this and I love the pictures.

Jen said...

I seriously love this post.