5 years ago you were born, and it changed my life forever. Your Daddy & I prayed for 2 long years that God would bless us with a child and he answered our prayers. We were so nervous that we would somehow lose you, and it took a long time for us to believe that you were going to be ours. My pregnancy with you was long, and I felt sick for over 20 weeks! I remember trying to bargain with God that if he would just allow you to be born, I would take the day in and day out sickness for the entire time. I felt it was worth it, and it was! The day you were born was such a surreal, emotional high. We didn't know if you were going to be a boy or a girl, and when you came out they forgot to tell me what you were. I remember asking them, is it a boy or a girl? They told me you were a girl, and I was so excited! You were healthy & perfect! You were such a good baby, Taylor. Right from the start you were by the book. You were full of energy & you loved to entertain us. We spent hours watching you, and marveling at your thick head of black hair. You were quick to do everything, and seemed to grow up too fast! You wanted to be on the go, and not to be held. Right from the start you developed a special bond with your Grammie, which you have to this day, not all that different from your Mommy before you. Throughout the last 5 years we have continued to watch you grow.. you have such a dynamic little personality. People are often telling us how much they enjoy you, and how they can't believe the things that come out of your mouth. Truth be told, neither can we! Deep down you aim to please, you are a follower of the rules and you notice when people aren't doing things the way they are supposed to. You constantly amaze us, and make us laugh. You love to dance, sing and perform. You love to draw & write and do arts & crafts. You love your baby dolls, your blanket & your thumb. You are developing a heart for Jesus, and I am praying that you will choose him throughout your life. I love that right now you want to marry your Daddy when you grow up. You also plan to work with him at Flowserve, to be a Mommy & to be a cooker (your words) . I cannot imagine life without you! I'm so thankful for you my sweet girl. Happy 5th Birthday!
Love,
Mommy
January 18, 2005... the day you were born.
2 comments:
too cute. I am so going to steal the idea of old pics for Cade's
10th b-day. Oh... who am I kidding. I will be lucky if I get pictures of it posted.
can't believe how she's changed! love the post.
Post a Comment