Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oh Lauren...

I do not know if I will survive this "stage" we are in right now with Miss Lauren. I do not know if I will be able to maintain my sanity. Lauren reserves her "best" behavior for Mommy. She screams all day long for me, unless I am walking around with her. This. is. so. frustrating. Nothing works. I have let her cry, and I do let her cry. Every single day. I have 2 other children to take care of- so I make breakfast with her screaming, I make lunch with her screaming, I get shoes on and get people dressed with her screaming.. I get myself ready with her screaming. I myself, feel like screaming. I pick her up, and she instantly stops. Ahh.. yes, people tell me she's just attached, and it' s just a stage... and oh, she just loves her Momma. But I am telling you I am having a hard time... and it really, really, really stresses me out. I don't get to enjoy a 7 month old who plays with toys, or rolls around the room, because she won't do any of those things unless I am sitting next to her.. and even then she is often not content to be on the floor. I am praying right now for sanity, I am praying to make it through each day without flipping out on everyone who try's to talk to me. I love this little girl, I really do... but sometimes...... I keep telling myself to remember Zach, and to look at where he is today. I know there is a light at the end of this tunnel... but the light is hard to see right now.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

I wish I could help you! That has got to be so frustrating. Keep praying your way through it. Hopefully when she is mobile she will be less attached. Praying for you.

Landscape of our Life said...

one.day.at.a.time.

hang in there. i'm thinking of you. :-) aren't our little kids so stinkin' smart?!

Jen said...

you'll get through it. you always do. wake up in the morning in pray for grace and patience.

Rach said...

This is why I own 5 various slings, wraps, carriers, etc. Hang in there!