Thursday, December 02, 2010

Mott Farms... (and Lowe's)

We ventured out to Mott Farms again this week to visit the Christmas barn. We decided not to buy our tree from Mott's this year because last year we had a bad experience with the tree (it was half dead by the time we got it home)- so we went to our favorite local "farm" to buy our tree. We have had such great success with tree's from Lowe's, and this year was no different. Taylor was extremely disappointed that we were not purchasing our tree from Mott's, and when I told her it would be the same... she said is the tree we are going to buy sitting in the dirt, or in a parking lot? Huh? Huh, mom? I started cracking up, and told her it would be from a parking lot and she said, see.. it's not the same! Seriously, what am I going to do with this smarty pants? Anyway, she got over it.. and we enjoyed ourselves at Mott's Christmas Barn & followed it up with a trip to Lowe's. I bought a few new ornaments, and we enjoyed the peanuts, popcorn and hot apple cider while we walked around. I was smart this year and did my Christmas decorating in stages.. and it went so much more smoothly! I actually enjoyed myself, and the kids loved helping me decorate the tree. I love this time of the year, and it's really exciting for Taylor this year. She is SO into making sure we keep all of the family "traditions" we have created, and she is just so excited to do every little thing that it is absolutely contagious. We have busy December ahead with Christmas party's, plays, Gymnastics meets, and of course lot's of baking and present wrapping!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!


Sitting in front of the tree we didn't buy. :)


Warming up with Cider! Yum... Too hot for Z!
Forced to pose in the sleigh.
Upstairs in the Christmas Barn.
Lo-lo taking it all in.
Me and the kiddlets.
The tree we ended up purchasing...
Zach had the opportunity to put the finishing touch on this year.
My helpers.
Taylor was excited about every single ornament.
Our tree! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

So pretty...the tree...your kids...everything!

Jen said...

cute pics of the tree. cute post