Thursday, December 02, 2010
Ode to the 3rd child...
I know, it's totally cliche to say that things change by the 3rd child.. but oh, how true it is. I've found that I'm a lot different Mom this time around. Now don't get me wrong, the basics are the same.. but the things I cared about so much with #1 are pretty much out the window. I'm not sure if it's just that I'm so busy doing things for or with the other children, but I swear every time I turn around Lauren is into something dangerous. She takes after her brother in this department... she is a little stinker, and constantly getting into trouble. I'm only hoping that like her brother, by about 18 months she will have out grown this stage. Lauren is soon to be 15 months, and she has a mind of her own. She can walk across the room, but she chooses not to. She is always trying to keep up with her brother and sister, wants everything they have, and will fight to keep her position. She says, Dada, Daddy, Doggy, Zachie & Cracker, Meee (Please) & whassat?.. she can say Mama, but she chooses not to. She can also sign for more and for please when prompted. She is constantly pointing and saying "whassat?". She calls most things "Na-Na". If she sees food we're in trouble.. she won't stop saying "nam, nam, nam" until you hand her food. She's a fighter.. She hates to be contained and hates to have her diaper changed. I have never known a child who will fight and thrash as much as this one does. We are constantly remarking that she is something else. She is a fantastic eater, and a food hoover! She will eat anything and everything we put in front of her.. and undoubtedly she will be eating pb & j with her brother & sister well b4 she is supposed to. Here are a few fun pictures of our Lauren and what she has been up to lately.
Clearly, we are all about safety first in this house... Standing on chairs.. no problem.
Typing out an e-mail to her Grammie.. no problem.
Playing a C.D.(yes, I fully realize we are the last people in America to own a C.D. player)... sure....nothing unsafe about being precariously balanced on a tiny chair with her brother.
Tries to jump in place.... but yet... refusing to do this thing called walking most of the time.
We freely encourage stair climbing.. so what if she falls down a few times.. she has to learn somehow, right?
You're 1 now.. time to get your own food out of the fridge. :)
What? Eating chocolate and smearing it all over the cupboards.. totally fine, right?
We're all about keeping her busy. Even if this means letting her destroy a diaper bag.
I'm a stinker, but I'm still cute.
We know.. you think you're pretty big stuff. We love you Lauren.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ok...I love her! I miss her! I haven't seen her in way too long. I hate that. She is so big and grown up. What happened to the baby girl? I have to see them all very soon. Those third babies...seriously. That post could have been about Charley. Love it.
You're so funny! She does looks like a stinker but lots of fun :)
HaHa! Hilarious post! She is seriously so cute--I see Tay in some of those pictures! And look at her with the words--that's awesome!
Post a Comment