Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

We had a fun & busy Christmas Eve this year. We started out the day at Grandma Terry's for a Christmas lunch and opened presents.. then back to our house for quick naps before Christmas Eve service at Church. I love Christmas Eve service.. it is probably one of my favorite memories as a child, and I love that I cannot remember a single year in my 32 years of life that I have not been at my church for Christmas Eve service... pretty amazing. I love that our kids have the chance to experience it too. Time to reflect on the reason for our celebrations in the middle of all of this craziness. After Christmas Eve service we always go over to my Uncle Dan's for another family celebration. As our family has grown, we've discovered it is getting more and more difficult to do all of these things in one day.. but we make it work. :) We ended the night at home with worn out, excited kids who could not wait for Santa to come!

Christmas Eve with Grandma Terry... cousins..
Playing their version of jingle bells on Grandma's piano..

Lauren LOVES playing the piano..

Zach opening up Toy Story Yahtzee!
A new jewelry making kit! Anything crafty and Taylor will love it!!
Back home again before church...On Christmas Eve we have a tradition of opening 1 gift...
This gift is always new PJ's...
They were so excited!
After church we have Christmas with my Dad's brother and family.
I think we've taken a family picture in this very spot on Christmas Eve for the last 6 years!
Sisters..
Lauren opening up her gift from Uncle Dan, Aunt Diane & Bailey.. with a little assistance.
Back home! Setting out the cookies, fudge & milk for Santa.. and preparing the Carrots for the Reindeer!

Placing the carrots outside.... Now it's time for bed!
Good night!! As you can see.. Santa's elves have been at work.. can't wait to see the surprised faces in the morning!

2 comments:

Jen said...

very cute. love their christmas outfits!

Lesley said...

your children are so beautiful. love them all. love that Elf is on the TV... :)