
Well, Mr. Zachary had his 1 year visit to the Dr. yesterday and he is still a total peanut. He weighed in at a whopping 18 pounds 14 ounces, and he is 29" long! So, that would be about 5% for weight, and 25th% for height. He is about 10 ounces lighter than his sister was at this age & a 1/2" shorter. I am attributing it to a fast metabolism.... and who are we kidding- parents who were tiny as babies and as kids & aren't super large now! Anyway, Zach had a bit of a rough time at the Dr..., until Dr. Page walked in, and I have no idea what was going on but the kid starting grinning from ear to ear, shaking his head No at the Dr., and then cracking up. I think he thought Dr. Page looked like Papa, because he has never in his life acted to happy and friendly with a stranger. They had to poke his finger twice to measure his hemoglobin, and sure enough Zach is still on the low side- so we have to continue with the liquid vitamin, and we will retest at the next visit. He screamed during his shots, and looked at me like I was allowing him to endure some kind of torcher. I hate that. Zach is pretty much right where he should be physically, and I have a feeling this next month is going to be a big one for him verbally.. or a Mommy can hope right?
12 facts about Zach at 12 months (bare with me or skip over if you want- this is my form of a baby book):
1. He is walking like a pro, can get to a stand on his own from the middle of the room, and can turn around while walking and head back in the other direction.
2. He can clap, wave, blow kisses, give kisses & do the sign for more (which looks more like a clap), do the sign for all done, play peak-a-boo (covering his eyes with his hands about 50% of the time, the other part he covers his forehead, ears, etc), do so big, and sometimes bring something to you when asked.
3. He has said Hi, but doesn't do it all of the time. Mostly when Ben gets him out of his car seat he will say - "hi Da". It's pretty cute. We have him on tape on his birthday, doing all done with one hand, and saying aw dun. That was the one and only time he said it. He says Mama, and Dada, but it is mostly indiscriminately at this point. Most items he refers to as a Da. Sometimes it sounds like he says Tay-Tay... but who knows...
4. He is a great sleeper, and I never thought this was going to be the case but he is pretty similar to his sister as a baby. He goes to bed between 8:30 and 9, and doesn't cry for even a minute when he is laid down. He sleeps until 8 am, and if he wakes up before then he just lays in there. He sleeps about 3 hours during the day.. give or take a half hour, and again if he wakes up he will just play & talk until you come and get him. This is coming a long way from the boy who took 1/2 hour naps for the first 6 months of his life.
5. He is still a Mama's boy, but Daddy is a close 2nd. He will snuggle up with me, and it's just so cute... and I am starting to enjoy our bedtime routine where I can read to him, sing and rock him for a bit before I lay him down.
6. He likes to play on the floor with Daddy, and his favorite game is when they both go at each other with there heads and ram each other. He will just burrow his little head into Daddy.
7. He LOVES his sister. Seriously, it's amazing and heart-warming as a parent to watch. I think I can relate because I was a younger sibling, and I remember very clearly how much I idolized my big sister while I was little. His face lites up when she is around, and he loves to play with her.
8. He is eating much better. We took him off of his bottle last Thursday, and he is now on the Nuby cup with a soft spout. He is doing well with this, and we are finally getting him to feed himself with the thing, but it has taken some work and if given the choice he will sit back and let you feed him for the rest of his life. I am thinking we will switch to Vitamin D, as soon as we are done with the last few containers of formula. He loves Meat! Seriously, so strange. Opposite of Taylor.. who still barely tolerates meat. He will eat burger, chicken, turkey, etc.. and he loves cheese.
9. Everyone still comments on his eyes all of the time. They say he has the bluest eyes they have ever seen, but I don't think they have taken a good look at his Daddy.. because they are the same eyes.
10. He likes to Sing & Dance. He sings a lot in the car, or when he and Taylor are playing the piano. It gets pretty loud sometimes...
11. Still a peanut. Almost 19 pounds, and just 29". He has little feet. He is still wearing 6-12 month clothes, and wearing 6-12 month Robeez with a lot of room to go.
12. He is shy, and doesn't really like strangers. In fact, he will pretty much cry if anyone trys to talk to him or pick him up, outside of Ben & I, my parents or Kim. We are working on it, but he is actually a lot like me as a baby- in this way. So, for those of you who might be taking it personally.. don't. He will come around. It may take a few years, but he knows what he wants... and for now this is how it's going to be.
1 comment:
I just can't believe him! He is getting such a unique personality and I can't wait as he develops more into his own! So cute!
Post a Comment