Tuesday, August 19, 2008
NYC 08'
We're back! We had a great time in NYC this past weekend, but we were both definitely ready to come back home. We missed the kids SO much! It's so funny how you crave a break, but as soon as you get away you wish you were right back home. We did so many things while in New York- the trip started with an great night out at an Italian restaurant and amazing seats for the Broadway play- Wicked. For those of you who didn't know, this is actually a story about what happened before the Wizard of Oz. There is nothing like Broadway! Friday night I came down with the flu (yes- from the kids), so I spent most of the night sick, and the rest of the trip without an appetite. I was forced to buck up and deal with my sickness on Saturday because we had to catch the Subway to the Yankee's game in the Bronx. The subway in itself was an experience, and combined with an already nauseous stomach... a struggle, but we made it. The Yankee game was incredible! Truly, it was probably one of the best parts our trip. We had great seats thanks to Ben, and we stayed for the entire 13 innings.. Ben even caught a foul ball hit by A-Rod! Met by pretty much a standing ovation from the crowd. Now, seriously does it get any more perfect than that? Saturday evening we went to dinner, and decided to visit the top of the Empire State Building at Midnight. It was beautiful. On Sunday we spent the day touring the city, doing a bit of shopping and strolling Central Park. All in all, a great visit... but we both remarked that it was a nice place to visit, but no where we would ever want to live. It was wonderful to come home to Kalamazoo, take a deep breath and enjoy the smell of flowers and fresh air.
Ben in Times Square. This place was insane. It was so busy- we pretty much avoided the area after the first few times.
Drinks in our hotel lobby before dinner & Wicked.
Ben just getting into the Stadium. Can you see the excitement?
Scoping it out.
Ben and I at the game.
The view from our seats.
The New Yankee Stadium! It looks amazing.
After a couple of Lemon Ice- I actually started perking up and feeling better.
Overlooking the city at the top of the Empire State Building. As always, I will be reminded of 2 of my all time favorite movies- An Affair to Remember, and Sleepless in Seattle.
NYC at night from the Empire State Building.

The Statue of Liberty.
Ground Zero. The entire area is still flattened and surrounded by a fence. It looks exactly the same way it did when I visited 5 years ago. Our tour bus guide made a comment about things being tied up in legal battles, and if we wanted to know why their was still no progress on the site we should ask the new Mayor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So cool. I can't believe Ben caught a foul ball. How perfect. We'd love to go back with you guys sometime. That would be fun!
Looks like you had a great time! Happy Belated Anniversary!
I'm so glad that you had a good time! It's funny to hear you say that you wouldn't ever want to live there. We always think we want Carrie Bradshaw's glamorous life, but really..... NO!
Also, I'm with you on the wanting a break but then missing them like crazy. I hate that!
Post a Comment