Sunday, August 24, 2008

Birthday Boy!



It's so hard for me to believe that 1 year ago this precious little boy became a part of our lives. Zachary has truly taught me a LOT about love. He has tried my patience, exhausted me... and needed me .. but he has made me a better Mommy... and I love him for it. 1 year ago I was terrified because he was struggling to breath in the NICU, and I was worried about when or if he was going ever going to come home. I remember night after night praying that God would heal my baby boy, and just allow us to take him home. Those were terrifying & emotional draining days- - and once we got home it continued as our world was rocked with learning how to juggle a very busy 2 year old and a very high maintenance baby. Boy, have we come a long way! Although he is still shy, Zach has really settled down in the last few months. He is very good at playing by himself, and he is generally a very happy boy. Ben and I both remarked that we were really impressed with Zach yesterday, and with how well he handled his birthday party, having so many people around. He is very sensitive, and has been since his start 1 year ago. We had a party with family last night, and Zach received many gifts and loved every minute of it. He spent most of the evening walking around, and of course playing with his sister! He wasn't so sure about his cake- but I would expect nothing else. He basically took a few bites, and the nodded his head NO- to tell me he wasn't interested. Happy 1st Birthday Zachie! I love you sweetie, and have loved watching you change and grow. It is so much fun to see your personality as it is really starting to show. I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life.


Our first glimpse of our baby boy!


8 pounds, 3 ounces! Such a big boy!



What a fighter! The nurses knew from the get go that this one was fiesty, and the remarked on it day after day.




Happy Birthday sweet boy- we love you!






Eating the cake Mommy made.




Not so sure. He picked at it, and threw bits and pieces on the floor.






Mommy holding Zach during the singing, so he wouldn't be overwhelmed by all of the people.







Family picture.






Cruising around under the table... where else? His favorite spot in the house.






Get this thing open Daddy! This was this Car ramp & Elevator he recieved from Mommy & Daddy!










Ride on Truck from Grandma Terry.









Zach loves his cars and trucks!

So excited!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Happy Birthday Zach! Can't wait to watch you grow!

Emma Hamstra said...

Happy Birthday Zach! It was so good to see you in person this weekend :)

Jen said...

So cute! I can't believe it has been a year. I love that last pic of him.