Friday, September 26, 2008

Anxiety

Taylor is going through a rough stage right now. It started last week, and this week has been full force. She is struggling with pre-school, and pretty much any place I drop her off- where I am not present (or Ben). She has had full force melt downs at school, and she has had to be literally pulled from my arms screaming when I drop her off. She has also been crying in Sunday School at church, and today she cried through her entire dance class. It wouldn't be so bad, if the crying was your normal last for a few minutes, and then when Mom leaves all is good. No, instead she seems to be crying for most of the day. I have no idea what is going on, and I have tried just about every tactic in the book. If it was one place in particular, I might start to draw the conclusion that it was one person she didn't like... but it seems to be everywhere. When I ask her what is wrong, she say's she is crying because she wants me, and today I asked her why didn't participate in class, and she said because I was thinking about you and crying. This is really difficult, and this is another one of those stages for which I have no answer. So, I am going to go with the only thing I know to work... consistency. I will continue to take her places, and continue to tell her I love her, and not give up. I'm just praying it works, and like everything other rough stage... that it TOO shall pass.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

praying that this passes quickly. So sorry...

Jen said...

Oh, such a rough thing for you BOTH to endure...and so unlike Taylor. Hang in there!

The Sheldon Family said...

Car-Avery goes through the same thing...she didn't do her first dance class either but was able to do the second-one thing we found that helps a little is to get her there maybe 15 min earlier so she can work through it rather than the first time we got there right on time...it definitely must be the age and like you I just continue to take her places...for daycare it is hit or miss on whether she will breakdown or not-i think you are doing the right thing...although as I know-it is definitely HARD!!!

hope to see you at homecoming...